IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!
I’ll make this short, but I want to share what I’ve learned and experienced thus far in my life:
1. GUYS CAN OPENLY HIT ON YOU WHEN THEY KNOW YOU’RE 18 ! Or when they think you’re 18. When I say “guys” I mean old guys. Old, fat, bald guys who think it’s okay to murmur “that ass” when you walk by. They also feel it’s appropriate to force a hug in the middle of the street and yell, “let’s go out!” I’m really going to miss saying my name is Shark Bait.
2. Your real, true friends stick around. Even if you’re thousands of miles away. I’ve been terrified to think what might happen to by relationships once I go to college. I’m not naive. I know the distance will affect things. It always does. But no matter how far apart, they’ll always be in my heart. (YAY rhyming!)
3. Food is my best friend.
4. I have fallen deeply in love with a different country. I just know, one day, I’ll be back in Paris.
5. Corgis. I love all corgis. I want to pet all of them in the world. My corgi will be named Pickles and he will be famous and I will love him. Or her.
6. I’m a true Blue. You know that personality test you always take in high school? The one with the four colors? There’s Green, Gold, Orange and Blue. I’m almost 100% Blue. I’m over emotional, sensitive, and I love close relationships. I hate conflict. The whole sha-bang.
7. I LOVE FASHION. All of it. I read Vogue religiously. I’m on the website all day studying the the newest collections. I constantly see how I can re-vamp my wardrobe to have fresh, new looks. My favorite Fall 2013 collection is Giambattista Valli. So beautiful.
8. Everyone thinks they have good taste in music, but I really do. Really, really. The Killers, Alt-J, The Beatles, The Black Keys, The Shins. I could go on, but I think I’ve made my point.
9. On ne voit bien qu’avec le coeur. Le Petit Prince. I’m pretty sure I learned the meaning of life in this book. Read it.
10. She is clothed in strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25. I’m not terribly religious. Okay, I’m not religious at all, but I love this. I live by it.
11. HIMYM. The sitcom How I Met Your Mother has literally taken over my life. I watch it everyday. I try to imagine how they would handle situations. No shame.
I don’t expect a new wave of wisdom to hit me at the stroke of dawn. I don’t expect to change much at all. I do have a lot of big changes coming up though, and I know I’m more than ready.
Today will be filled with brunch, lunch, friends, and fun. I couldn’t ask for a better 18 years, and I’m so glad I get to spend it with the people I love the most. And what better way to start your birthday than watching Sixteen Candles!?
Check out my lovely friend’s blogs for some beautiful words of wisdom!